DONUTS: (makes 12 donuts or 24 mini donuts)
- 1¼ cups cake flour, sifted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1½ tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°
- Pray the donut cups with a nonstick spray
- In a large mixing bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- Add the buttermilk, egg, and butter and stir until just combined. Fill each donut cup approximately 1/2 to 3/4's full.
- Bake in the oven for 4-8 minutes or when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Mix the powdered sugar, melted butter, water and vanilla extract until mixture is smooth. Pour the glaze over the warm donuts and decorate with whatever sprinkles you'd like!